Breakfast and Lunch
Please note that meal prices have changed! School lunches are available on a daily basis for $3.25 (full price). Students wishing to obtain free or reduced lunch may apply at the beginning of the school year or upon registration. Forms are located in the Student Center. Breakfast is also available for $1.75. Students must eat breakfast and lunch in the designated lunch areas for supervision and clean up purposes. LeyVa is a closed campus. Due to outstanding balances accumulated throughout the year, please note that if students do not qualify for free meals, in order to obtain school meals, students must have funds in their lunch accounts or money to purchase breakfast or lunch. There will be no credit extended.
LeyVa Middle School Dress Standards for Students
1) NO sleeveless tops, backless tops, sheer or lace tops, or tops that expose the midsection. Undergarments should not be showing under any circumstances. Shirts must also be worn at an appropriate length, covering the mid-section and not falling below fingertip length.
2) NO slippers, flip-flops, or open-toed shoes.
3) Hats are allowed IF worn appropriately. This rule is in effect for male and female students.
4) NO inappropriate logos are allowed, which includes anything profane, vulgar, sexually suggestive, violent, drug, alcohol, tobacco or gang related.
5) Shorts and skirts must be knee length even if tights or leggings are worn.
6) Pants must be worn at the waist (no “sagging”). Students should be aware that if they cannot keep their pants up, or if the pant waist is determined to be too low, it is considered “sagging” and must be corrected.
7) To ensure safety on campus, no red or blue clothing or backpacks are allowed. This includes maroon and royal/navy blue items (except blue denim).
8) Other personal items to be monitored are notebooks, backpacks, belts and belt buckles. In regard to backpacks, notebooks, and binders, they must be free of any writing except for the owner’s name. In our efforts to curb graffiti, permanent markers, such as Sharpies, are not to be brought to school.
9) The administration reserves the right to use discretion to deem other items as inappropriate or disruptive to the learning process since fashion trends and styles change with such regularity.