LeyVa Middle School offers a year around after school sports program for both girls and boys. As a member of the East Santa Clara Valley Middle School Athletic League, we compete against other local middle schools in the following sports: Cross Country (coed), Girls and Boys Basketball, Wrestling (coed), Girls and Boys Soccer, Girls and Boys Volleyball, and Track and Field (coed).
All LeyVa students are eligible to try out for our teams. Due to team size limitations, students must be selected to the basketball, soccer, and volleyball teams. Cross country, wrestling, and track and field are no cut sports and welcome all eligible students.
Eligibility requirements: All student athletes must meet the following academic standards to participate in our athletic program.
1. Minimum grade point average (G.P.A.) of 2.0
2. Currently not receiving a grade of F in any class.
3. Currently receiving a satisfactory citizenship grade. No unacceptable (U) report from a teacher or administrator.
4. A parent signed Athletic Permission slip. (you may download and print one from the department locker)
5. A parent signed Sports Concussion Information acknowledgement. (you may download and print one from the department locker)
What does it cost? $0. LeyVa does not charge a participation fee to play. Instead we rely on the fundraising efforts of our students and staff to pay for coaches, bus transportation, game officials and equipment. As a result, we ask all of our student athletes to either: a) Participate in our current fundraiser, or b.) Make a $25 donation to the athletic program.
We encourage all students to participate in our sports program. It is a great way to make new friends and to create lifelong memories of your middle school experience. Please ask your PE teacher or a team coach for more information.