Got LeyVa's Eflyers?
School Starts at 8:05 a.m.
Please make sure to be RESPONSIBLE by being on time!
Need to find your way around LeyVa? Click here for the map.
The LeyVa Office is Open from
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Daily
School Site Council Meeting #3
School Site Council Meeting
When: Thursday, February 16, 2016
Where: LeyVa Library
Time: 3:00 PM
The agenda will be posted 72 hours in advance on the front office’s window.
This meeting is open to the public.
Student Drop-off Safety
Our drop-off and pick-up system in front near the office is crowded, but most of our drivers are being careful and safe. The last thing anyone wants is to have one of our children hurt as they are coming to or leaving from school each day. There are some tips that I wanted to remind everyone about to ensure the safety of our kids. Here's a brief list:
1. Drive slowly ALWAYS. LeyVa has a student population of around 825 kids. They all come and go each day. Most of them walk, cross the street, or walk through areas where cars are present.
2. Stay off the cell phone. I see parents each morning on their phones, looking down as they pull in to the parking lot to drop off or pick up their kids. We will let you know this is unsafe and that it's important for you to be off the phone. Please understand, it's not personal. We do everything, every day to protect our students. Trying to get folks off their phones who are distracted is just part of that.
3. Pick up and drop off at the curb. When your kids are allowed to run through the parking lot to or from your car, it's extremely dangerous. There is simply too much happening and not everyone is always paying attention (See #2 -- cell phones). You think everyone is watching, but the reality is they aren't always. Please help us keep your kids safe by dropping them off at the curb. And, we will be there to greet them! :)
4. Follow the directions of school personnel outside. We will motion you to keep moving up. Please do that! We aren't being difficult, we just want to make sure we get as many cars in off the street and as many kids to school on time as we can. When you stop early, it backs everyone up. Perhaps your child has to walk a little further. That's okay! It's a short walk to their classrooms, and I'm sure they'll make it on time.
5. Leave plenty of time to get to school. We know it's hard when there is so much going on in the morning, but you generally know how much time it takes to get the kids to school. You know that they must be on time as well. Rushing in the morning is dangerous on the roads, and we don't want any kids hurt because of that rushing or driving too fast. Going to bed earlier, getting up early, and being to school on time produces happier kids who are rested and awake for school. It's safer for everyone, too! Pay attention to the weather as well. If it's raining, you'll need to leave earlier and drive slower to be safe.
Thank you for continuing to make our streets and school safe. You make the difference!
LeyVa is a Gold Ribbon School!
Please Clip and Bring in your "Box Tops for Education"
Each school year, we send in our Box Tops that have been collected. Each one is worth ten cents, so if we save up enough of them, we can get some much needed items for our school. The Box Tops can be found on many products in the stores around your homes. They are found mainly on boxes or packages of food, but they can also be found on clothing items. The popular ones in our house are Kleenex brand tissues, Yoplait yogurt, and General Mills breakfast cereals like Cheerios. Here is a list of items with the "Box Tops for Education" labels. Clip them out and bring them in! Thank you so much, and let's support LeyVa in any way we can!
"Like" us on Facebook & Follow us on Instagram
LeyVa has gone viral! We've launched a new Instagram and Facebook page for students, parents, alumni, and all friends of LeyVa! "Like" our page (LeyVa Middle School) on Facebook and follow us @LeyVaBulldogs on Instagram to stay up to date on all the latest happenings on campus. Leadership will have a booth set up at Back to School Night. Be sure to stop by the booth, and show them that you have liked and/or followed us so they can give you a token of appreciation!
Register for the Parent Portal Here!!
In an effort to strengthen our communication with parents in emergency and non-emergency situations, our school is transitioning to an on-line, secure, “Parent Portal” system.
First, a parent/guardian will need to create an account. Second, a parent/guardian will have the ability to view information regarding their student as well as update emergency contacts and provide communication contact preferences.
Welcome to the Home of the Bulldogs!